Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sometimes I wonder..

Although I may regret saying this later, I am starting to enjoy having my place to myself. My roommates are gone  and I get to do whatever I want. There have been a few moments where I was lonely, but they were short lived. It is nice to have a break and spend some time alone. I don't remember the last time I was able to do so.

I talked to my soldier today so maybe that helped me not feel so lonesome. He always knows what to say to make me feel better. His little comments had me rolling with laughter. This makes me so excited to see what things are going to be like when we are back together.
Often times, when I think about homecoming, I get nervous. I wonder what things are going to be like when we are together. I know things will be fine, but I wonder how long it will take for us to get used to one another again. I wonder what it is going to be like to have him sitting next to me on the couch again. To actually see his face again and feel the touch of his skin. I wonder how long it is going to take me to get used to calling his own phone again (I'm sure it won't be long). I wonder what it will be like to not have to wonder if I will hear from him that night.
I wonder if the first time we go out if it will feel like our very first date again. I wonder if we will still be able to stay up all night talking on the phone. I wonder if our relationship will feel brand new. I have my butterflies back..that's one positive thing this distance has given me.

I changed into my pajamas around 3 this afternoon and I think I am just going to relax tonight; do some homework and watch TV. Hopefully I will hear from my soldier again tonight. But no matter how boring I think a day might be, it always brings us one day closer to being together. And I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment