Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Thoughts

As much as I hate when my soldier and I have to depart for the week, I have to catch myself this weekend and rethink things...
I am so lucky to have my soldier. I am so lucky he is back with me. I am so lucky that he is safe. I now know when I will see him again. I know I can call him and hear his voice basically whenever I want. Not everyone has this luxury.
Memorial Day is a unique and special time. We are reminded of all the people who are no longer with us. We are encouraged to honor their memory. We are forced to think of all the sacrifices they gave for us so we can continue with life as we know it.
On this Memorial Day, I was overcome with emotions. I am so happy to have my soldier in my arms, I am so blessed he is still with us, but I know this isn't the case for everyone. Tonight I give thanks for those who lost their lives so we can live ours. I give thanks for the families who were left behind. I give thanks for the pride they had for this wonderful country. Tonight, I will do all I can do to remember them. That is the best way to honor them; simply by remembering them so their sacrifices are not overlooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment