Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moving backwards

I had a dream last night that my soldier and I were reunited. It is sad that right now the only time I can see him is in my dreams, but the dream felt so good. He came home early and surprised me and I was so excited. But then I realized I wasn't wearing the dress I had picked out for our homecoming and I was so mad. When I told him about my dream, he just laughed. At least we still have our humor.
In a message I got from my soldier last night he told me how he was missing me and just wanted to come home. It broke my heart. I want him home just as bad, but there is nothing I can do to make it go any faster. I know he is getting antsy. I know it is so close he can taste it, but I told him he needs to focus on what needs to get done and we will be together before we know it. However, if I give him the same advice, I have to follow it for myself. I count the days and look at all the things that I have to do before then and it seems endless. Something has to make the time go faster!
I was doing so well today. I was kicking butt! The days are ticking along, but time is starting to feel as if it is moving backwards. I sometimes wonder if this will ever end. I know it will, but I want it to be over now. I wish we wouldn't ever have to do this again, but I know that isn't true either. Hopefully I can hear from him tonight so he can give me the reassurance that the days really are ending, and soon this will too. Soon, very soon, but never soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment