Saturday, May 14, 2011

Houston, we have a poster!

Since I had nothing to do today, I decided to make my "welcome home" poster! It turned out really awesome. I painted blue stripes on a white poster board and wrote "Here to pick up my HERO" in silver and purple and made red stars out of construction paper for the corners of the board. I haven't decided if I want to add glitter to it yet. But I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. It was a good use of nearly 2.5 hours. Those stripes were a killer though. I'm not sure I would do that again.
As I sit here now on my couch with the freshly painted poster in front of me, I feel so torn. It is an amazing feeling to see a tangible object that proves that he will be here soon. On the other hand, it is so hard to look at this poster and know that we still have a while to go. I want to show him the poster now. I want to show him all I have worked on. I want to run and jump in his arms.
I have one more poster to make for him. I want to make it and put it on his door. I'm just currently out of ideas. If any of you have any ideas, let me know! Hopefully I can stay busy with all my summer classes and everything else I have to do so I don't only focus on the dwindling days ahead of me. I'm getting so excited and so nervous. I'm just a ball of emotions!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the poster! I'm a fellow mili-gf, found you through another blog I follow. Feel free to check out my blog and say hi: http://militarygf2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I look forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete