Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm going crazy

One of the main things that will really make a military girlfriend/spouse mad is trying to sympathize with them by saying "Oh I know how you feel. My boyfriend has been gone for two days and I'm going crazy without him!" I'm sorry...but it just isn't the same.
I'm going crazy without him because it has been way too long since I've seen him. I'm going crazy without him because I can't call him. I'm going crazy without him because I don't know when I will see him again. I'm going crazy without him because the only way I can communicate with him is usually through the computer. I'm going crazy without him because I am  forced to live my life without him, to attend events without him, to spend lonely nights without him. I'm going crazy without him because it seems like every time we talk, our conversations are cut short for a number of reasons.
I stay up at night wondering when I might talk to him again. I may hear from him in three hours, or three days. I worry about his safety, his health, and his sanity every day. I worry about where he is and what he is doing constantly. And I won't stop worrying about him until he is in my arms again.
As the days continue to tick away, I become increasingly nervous about all the things that could go wrong. But at the end of the day, I'm just ready for him to be home. Not much longer! Soon all my tears of worry and frustration will be a thing of the past.

On a completely unrelated note...my brother left for Indonesia today to do missionary work for two weeks. I'm proud of my boys and the good work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment