Thursday, April 14, 2011

Memories

Last night, as got ready for bed, I thought about my soldier. But I didn't think of all of the wonderful things we are going to do when we are reunited, I thought about all the great memories we have already made together. We have come so far in the short time we have been together. So many fabulous memories that will last a long time.

I remember when he decided to come up with me to move me into my new apartment. We had been on maybe two or three dates at this point, but neither one of us were ready to say goodbye. He was such a good sport and helped me move things all around, and hang up pictures, and go back and forth to the store, and do everything I could've asked for. After that weekend, the first time we spent an extended amount of time together (minus the time he spent sleeping at a friend's place), I knew he was the one for me. We connected so well. He treated me like a princess.

I remember the first time I visited him. He was so excited. He took me around town to show me everything. He called his friends and banged on the doors of people he knew were in town to show me off. The first time I met the two of his friends I am closest with, I was drenched from the rain and had his huge sweatshirt that swallowed me. Not my best outfit, but he didn't care.

I remember when we went to visit our parents for the weekend and he told me he had a surprise date for me. My mom and I went all around town to find a dress and shoes since I was unprepared to actually go out to a nice dinner. When he showed up at my house, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I still remember his outfit: khaki pants, a yellow button down, a pink tie, and a navy blazer. He looked so handsome. He took me to a very nice place for dinner, where I had been wanting to go since it had opened, and then out to see a MoTown band. And we danced the night away. He made me feel like I was the only girl around for miles.

I remember when we ordered Chinese food at his place one night. We didn't feel like going out that night. We wanted to stay in and just spend time together. Once the Chinese food was delivered, we realized there wasn't a table to put everything on. So I sat on the bed, he put his bedside table in front of me, and he sat in a dinky beach chair he had in his closet. We sat there across from each other, turned off the T.V. and just enjoyed our time together. It was so romantic. We don't have to always go out to have a good time. If we are together, we are going to have a good time.

There are so many other detailed filled memories I could share here. All of our dates, and walks together, and all the times we laughed at one another. I can't wait for him to be with me again. I can't wait to make more memories that will last a lifetime. But right now, I am happy with the times we have shared. Thinking about all of the things we have done together makes me so excited to see where time takes us. I'm so ready to have my best friend back with me. I am counting down the days.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to pop in and say hi from a fellow military GF. I'm also doing the deployment/school deal and I think you should check out the military girlfriend community blogs :) The link is on my blog so come check it out, I'd love to hear from you.

    http://www.militarygf2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for reading! I will definitely check out that blog. So glad we have a strong commutity to lean on. Any bit of support helps!

    ReplyDelete