Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A glimmer of hope

I went to the mailbox for the first time in two days since I am still battling the dreaded sinus infection and can't seem to find my way out of bed other than to go to my classes. I opened the mailbox and my stomach flipped over. We FINALLY had mail! I reached in and grabbed the envelope and turned it over to ecstatically see my name....in the handwriting of my father. My dad sent me a little love note in the mail and I know I shouldn't be bummed about it, but I was really hoping this time it would be from Sweet Boy. I've almost given up expecting a letter from him. It'll come eventually. I have faith.
This got me thinking about how amazing my friends and family have been. They are all so kind and encouraging. They ask me all the time how I'm doing and if I have heard from Sweet Boy. Some have stepped up and have started calling me and offering help with the wedding planning. I feel so overwhelmed without him here to help me. I want it to be perfect, but I want him here to help me with everything.
Mainly, I'm just mopey, sick, and a ball full of emotions. I can't wait to go home this weekend and see my family and hopefully start feeling better. I'm sure that will help.


PS I finally got my Chinese food :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Chinese food. I don't know where your boy is but I know with my husband it took his letter like a month and a half-two months to get to me. It stinks how slow it is. But, it did finally get here! I hope you get yours soon. I know exactly how you feel whenever I get something other than junk mail I hope it's from him, but rarely is. Deployments suck. Gah! Hope you're feeling all better!

    ReplyDelete