Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Round-Up

This weekend was perfection. Seriously. The 30 hours (give or take) that we spent together was just what we needed. I felt so rejuvenated after I left.
He looked great! Those first three weeks didn't bang him up too much. I could definitely tell he missed me though. He pulled my chair right up next to him when we were out to dinner with a bunch of friends and he kept trying to snuggle up next to me.
His new favorite obsession? He will kiss me, then grab my hand and kiss my engagement ring. Isn't that so adorable it is borderline weird? But, hey, he paid for the rock. He should be entitled to do whatever he wants with it.
I was able to help him pack and go shopping for the last few items he needs for these next few months. It was actually kind of cool to see what all he needs and hear all about how he uses them and stories I otherwise wouldn't hear on a normal basis.
We even rode around and looked at future potential houses and talked about our wedding some. It was so nice to see him face-to-face and talk about normal things....not about how much the next few months are going to suck.
He left this morning super early. He was able to call me around 5 am to tell me he was getting ready to leave. So we said goodbye and I went back to sleep. Then my phone rang just after 6:30 am and he was still able to talk. We talked for awhile (probably less than 10 minutes, but it was more than we thought we'd have) and when it was time for him to go, we said our goodbyes and I told him how much I loved him and how proud of him I was. He left and I went back to sleep. And then I was woken up a third time around 10 from him again. That's three more times that I didn't think we would have.
But now, it's almost 11pm and it is slowly sinking in that I won't hear from him for a long while. These first few nights are going to be rough getting used to not talking to him. I just have to keep myself busy. Good thing is, getting this started is the hardest part...so they say. We will see how it goes.
One night and counting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment