Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jam-Packed Days.

I had no clue I would be this busy during this session of summer classes! You know it is a bad sign when you wake up on Tuesday morning and it feels like it should already be Friday. I've been working around the clock to do five online quizzes, a midterm, and two huge research papers....all of which happened to be due Monday and Tuesday. Note to self: don't take two classes that require a lot of outside work back to back. I'm swamped.
But on the bright side, this past weekend was awesome! I was so afraid I would feel awkward at the concert with all of his friends. After all, I hadn't met a lot of them and the few I did know, I had only met a few times. Thank goodness his best friend decided to take my extra ticket so I didn't have to be alone.
It was the first time I had seen all but one guy since they had gotten back. They all were really great. They all asked to see my ring, asked about the wedding, and asked about my soldier. All of this from big strong guys? I was really impressed. I guess my soldier really put in a strong word for them to look after me. There was even one point when some random guy came up to me at the concert and tried to dance on me and flirt with me. Three of the guys turned around and ran him off. My soldier will be really glad to hear that! I'm glad the guys really stepped up their game to protect me and include me in everything they were doing.
And I got some good news a few days ago! I've heard through the grapevine that my soldier is getting yet another weekend pass so I'm driving up to spend a few hours with him. I can't wait to see his cute little face. Right now I would settle for a phone call. I haven't heard from him in a few days but I am still staying optimistic for a call or text today or tomorrow.
As for now, I'm just trying to focus on school. This weekend can't come soon enough...for more reasons than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment