Sunday, February 20, 2011

Never give up hope

Yesterday while in Atlanta, we came across a protest about Lybia. Although I can't tell you quite what it was about (we were quickly hurried away and didn't get to look long enough to hear all they had to say), it did hit me in an odd way.
How lucky are we to live in the great country we call home? I consider myself lucky beyond words. Keep that in mind the next time you go to complain about something.

I didn't hear from him last night. Sometimes it is so hard to fall asleep without hearing his voice.You know how sometimes there is something you want so bad you can just dream about it? I dream about how much I miss him, which makes it so much worse; you dream to escape the reality that consumes your life. How am I supposed to escape loneliness when it haunts me at every turn?

"If it is worth having, then it is worth fighting for" is something he told me in the last email he sent me. Although this is something that is really worth having, the fight can seem so hard. I have an amazing support system, but sometimes all I want is him. It is hard to find the one thing that makes your day worth while, the one person that you can go to with every minute detail, and then not have them around.

Does anyone else ever feel lost? I know I can't be alone in my feelings. Whether it is being away from your loved one or simply not knowing where the future will take you, feeling lost can be a very scary thing.

It is a feeling I never experienced before, and a feeling I would never wish upon anyone. I can sometimes find myself feeling helpless, which just makes things worse. Whenever I feel lost or lonely, I have to think about how he must feel. I can't even imagine what he has to deal with.

Even if I have the worst day imaginable, I know that each day will end and there is another one coming to replace it. You always have to brush yourself off and keep pushing through. I will be back in my soldier's arms before I know it. Until then, I have to focus on the task of being his ever faithful supporter and his biggest cheerleader.

"Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, dont worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede...The famine will end...The sun will shine tomorrow...and I will always be here to take care of you." - Charlie Brown to Snoopy

I think Charlie says it all; tomorrow is another day, but someone will always be there to take care of you.

As for me, I am hoping to hear from him tonight. His sweet voice may be the only way my weekend could be any better. Maybe your dreams will come true tonight, too. I'm here for you, bloggers.
Don't ever lose sight of your dreams. And, more importantly, never give up hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment