Monday, June 6, 2011

Back with my Buddy

It is wonderful having my soldier here with me. We can do whatever we want! No more waiting for the weekend to see each other. No checking with other people to see if they made plans that we have to tag along with. No calls from work (ok...well, almost no calls). Just time together. Time for us to be a couple.
So far, we've spent these few days going on dates, watching movies, laughing, joking, riding around, holding hands, and snuggling. Lots of snuggling. He met me on campus today after my first class and for the first time we got to walk hand-in-hand across campus. Oh, so wonderful. It felt nice to be a real college couple..even if he doesn't go here. I've never really had that. He has always visited on weekends when I wanted nothing to do with being on campus.
We were riding in the car the other day and I said, "I'm glad to have my riding buddy back." He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Babe, I'm glad to have my everything buddy back. You make everything so much better." How precious is that? He is quite the keeper. We even had a blast playing around in the pool yesterday. It is nice to have someone you can have fun with. We have so much fun just being ourselves together. He gets me. We fit just right. We belong together. All that waiting was certainly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment