Monday, January 9, 2012

Adventures on the Horizon

It's a new year and I am getting used to my new challenges and surroundings. The wedding plans are in full swing. I've gotten settled back into living with my parents again (maybe a little too settled...). I'm working all the time. I babysit almost every day I have off. I have a lot going on. I'm stressed, but I am handling it.
On top of all the stress and excitement that makes up my life today, Sweet Boy and I have started thinking about buying a house. Buying a house! When did we get so old? So now we are looking at furniture, paint colors, floor plans...all while planning the wedding. And I guess it makes sense. We can't be married and living together in my parent's house or in his room on post. We have to think about life after the wedding, but sometimes it can be a little overwhelming.
I'm nervous about moving up there. I hardly know any one. I don't know my way around post, much less around town. The only time I ever moved to a new town was when I went off to college. I was always surrounded by people; between my two roommates I shared one room and bathroom with, all my classes, and the constant events they had for freshmen, it was hard to find time when I wasn't completely surrounded by people. How am I supposed to go and make new friends in this new town? And how am I supposed to do it when Sweet Boy isn't there?
I am very excited about this new adventure, and I am excited to take it head-on with Sweet Boy, but part of me can't help but freak out. I don't know how to find a grocery store. I don't know where the "good part" of town is. I know three street names. I don't even know where the Chick-Fil-A is. It will be quite the adventure, but I cant wait.

However, if anyone has any tips as to how I should go about meeting new people or getting used to my new post or any suggestions, I'm open to it!

2 comments:

  1. For me, the easiest way to meet people on post was to get to know boyfriend's friends and those who had significant others. At the military ball is when I really made some good contacts. I think it'll be good to go to some social activities or get involved in a gym or something to meet people. Before too long you'll have all sorts of friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! House hunting! That is so exciting. Wow, what a huge change your life is going to have in a few short months. I am so excited for you! I definitely agree, the easiest way to meet people is other spouses, although I didn't have much luck with that lol. The FRG is good too. And I met most of my friends out here online. Funny that is how I met the good ones!

    ReplyDelete