Monday, November 7, 2011

Finally

I finally heard from him. I finally got the news I've been waiting months to hear: he is almost done with training and I will see him by this weekend!
These last few months have been very hard and very tiring. We talked more when he was deployed than we did when he was at school. That's a weird thought. I cherished those phone calls back then, now I definitely appreciate each time he calls.
I've been able to talk to him for the last two nights,  about 15 minutes each. It feels so good. I can't wait to slip back into our relationship...and feel like an "us" again. I'm ready to be in his arms again.
This time spent apart, much like other times apart, has helped me realize how wonderful he is. All of his letters were so sweet and so precious. I loved reading each one on those long nights when I missed him deeply. It helped me pass the time and to remember that he really is the one for me. Not that there was ever any doubt! I'm so glad I kept all the letters. I can't wait to figure out what I want to do with them. I'm thinking of putting them in a scrapbook and giving it to him for the wedding. I have letters from back in 2007 and I know he still has some from me so I want to have a place where we can keep them and read them whenever we want and pass it along to our children one day. I guess I am a romantic like that.
Basically, I am just so excited to see him this week that I can hardly stand it! But I am also nervous about all of it. I'm seeing his parents for the first time since we have gotten engaged. He is seeing his parents for the first time in over a year. Our two parents are getting together for the first time in six or seven years. That is a lot to take in. I'm hoping this will all go well. At the end of the day, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and dreaming of looking into my Sweet Boy's eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I am so stinkin' happy for you! You deserve to have him back, you have been SO good and SOO patient through everything. It will be great for you to actually be physically able to touch him again. I hope the family reunion goes well, I know it will. And, he will finally get to help with wedding plans. I can't wait to see what you do with the letters. I have been trying to figure out what to do with ours too.

    ReplyDelete